These 6 Mindful Eating Techniques will truly help you enhance your health and build a better relationship to eating and food. What does that mean? It means paying attention to your body’s physiological needs as well as what you want emotionally in a way that is in balance. This Friday Food Hack ties into my previous Episode 50: The Secret Ingredient of Healthy Eating: Compassion – with Guest Patrick Bryant, where mindful eating helps us build that self-compassion and live healthier, happier, and more in balance.
Welcome to the Friday Food Hack, where I serve up mindful nutrition, fitness, and health hacks to help optimize your health and your life.
6 Mindful Eating Techniques
What are they and how do they help us?
- Savor Food – really enjoy the tastes, textures, temperatures, and favors
- Take it Slow – slow down and enjoy, listen to your hunger and fullness
- Remove Distractions – the less distractions the more attentive you are
- Create a Positive Atmosphere – make eating a calm and positive experience
- Be Aware of Your Hunger – the difference between physical and emotional hunger
- Be Present – enjoy your company and take a break – You Need It!
Listen in as I go into more details about these 6 techniques, and how they relate to our real world lives. Because let’s be real, can you always stop and take 20 minutes to eat a meal this way? Let me put the answer this way, what happens to your health when you spend most of your life not being mindful with your eating?
OK, I truly hope you enjoy this show because Mindful Eating is such a beneficial approach to building self-compassion and a health relationship with food and eating. I’d love to hear what you think. Feel free to hit me up on my social channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or feel free to message me at my website
If you like this episode, then download my show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 71: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Vincci Tsui
- Episode 70: Friday Food Cast – 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EPISODE!!!
- Episode 68: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Erica Mouch
- Episode 67: Who Else Wants to Find Balance Nourishing Their Soul? With Tai Chi Master Gu
- Episode 66: Friday Food Cast – 6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food Events
- Episode 65: Build Confidence and Be an Intuitive Eater with Julie Delucca Collins
- Episode 64: Part 2 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 63: Part 1 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 62: How Your Health is Determined By the Professional with Guest Tamara Melton
- Episode 61: Think Your Health is Determined by Only What You Eat? Guest Michelle Gooden Makes Us Think Again