David interviews Abbey Griffith, the owner of Clarity Fitness a body positive fitness center in Decatur, Georgia. During this episode David and Abbey talk about what body positivity means, how Clarity Fitness came to be, and they have an open and honest conversation about their personal struggles with weight centric thinking. In this episode it is important to listen to the end (hint, hint).
As Abbey shares her story, she discusses some of her eating disorder treatment, her initial drivers to become a NASM certified trainer, how she found The Body Positive organization, the additional training her team at Clarity Fitness continues to do, and talks about the importance of lived experiences and shared humanity. She and David discuss some of the shared struggles of being an entrepreneur during a pandemic and much more.
This is a really great episode! Also, Clarity Fitness continues to have discounted memberships and free trials of their classes and gym. At the end Abbey shares with us a special One Small Bite discount code to use ON TOP of the current deals they have going on for both virtual and in person activities, details in the podcast links and resources, below.
Abbey Griffith is a 24 year old female Body Positive Fitness Center owner out of Decatur, Georgia. She is an NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and Eating Disorder Recoveree who has devoted her life to helping people of all ages, shapes, and sizes find a wellness routine they truly enjoy. Abbey sees the dangers that come from obsession in fitness and
This Episode’s Links and Resources
Clarity Website – Memberships
- 10% off online or in-person memberships, use code: ONESMALLBITE
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode
- Episode 87: Let’s Talk Cannabis – Everything You Need to Know with guest Donna Shields
- Episode 86: The Body Positive Fitness Center You Can’t Live Without with Guest Abbey Griffith
- Episode 85: Body Trust and How it Can Help You Break Free from Diet Culture with Guest Aaron Flores
- Special Episode 84: Friday Food Cast – COVID: A Year in Remembrance
- Episode 83: How Body Liberation Frees Us from Diet Culture with Guest Kent Thomas
- Episode 82: Is Dieting Causing You More Trauma? with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 81: Friday Food Cast – Does Intermittent Fasting Work?
- Episode 80: Cool Alternative Careers for Chefs with Guest Chef Chris Spear
- Episode 79: How Cannabis and Nutrition Can Help with Guest Laura Lagano