David interviews Abbey Griffith, the owner of Clarity Fitness a body positive fitness center in Decatur, Georgia. During this episode David and Abbey talk about what body positivity means, how Clarity Fitness came to be, and they have an open and honest conversation about their personal struggles with weight centric thinking. In this episode it is important to listen to the end (hint, hint).
As Abbey shares her story, she discusses some of her eating disorder treatment, her initial drivers to become a NASM certified trainer, how she found The Body Positive organization, the additional training her team at Clarity Fitness continues to do, and talks about the importance of lived experiences and shared humanity. She and David discuss some of the shared struggles of being an entrepreneur during a pandemic and much more.
This is a really great episode! Also, Clarity Fitness continues to have discounted memberships and free trials of their classes and gym. At the end Abbey shares with us a special One Small Bite discount code to use ON TOP of the current deals they have going on for both virtual and in person activities, details in the podcast links and resources, below.
Abbey Griffith is a 24 year old female Body Positive Fitness Center owner out of Decatur, Georgia. She is an NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and Eating Disorder Recoveree who has devoted her life to helping people of all ages, shapes, and sizes find a wellness routine they truly enjoy. Abbey sees the dangers that come from obsession in fitness and
This Episode’s Links and Resources
Clarity Website – Memberships
- 10% off online or in-person memberships, use code: ONESMALLBITE
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Part 1: The Secret of How Diet Culture Oppresses and Exploits the LatinX Community with Carolina Guízar
- How to Overcome Eating and Body Image Challenges with The Body Joyful Author Anne Poirier
- How Black Women and BIPoC are Further Marginalize by Diet Culture with Whitney Trotter
- How Storytelling Can Transform your Relationship with Your Body with Storyteller Kimberly Dark
- What Everyone Should Know About RED-S, Alcohol, Disordered Eating, and More with Val Schonberg
- Episode 92: How to Combat Chronic Illness with an Anti-Diet, Intuitive Eating Approach
- Episode 91: Reembody Breathing Room App with Kevin Moore and Beck Beverage
- Episode 90: LatinX and Anti-Diet Approaches with Guest Dalina Soto
- Episode 89: Very Low Carbohydrate Diets and No Weight Loss? What’s Going On?
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode