Are you itching to go back to the gym, but nervous about whether it is safe to go back in this COVID environment? Me too! Or, maybe you already have.
Well, in this episode I bring my guest Jason Varley, owner of LivFitness in Atlanta GA, to tell us what to look for and how he’s doing it right. Going above and beyond to keep his members safe, but knowing in the long-run that those extra steps make a difference, not just with his members, but his staff and the community as well. We also get to hear from Jason what are essential ingredients in successful fitness routines, and in people staying healthy.
Essential Ingredients to Healthy Fitness
- Confidence – belief in oneself and their ability
- Baby steps – it’s not about working out until you puke, One Small Bite
- Just Do It – getting over discomfort, laziness, and challenges
- Experiment – testing different fitness modalities, finding your joy
- Consistency – no matter what, keep it going
Here’s One Gym Doing COVID Safety Right!
Jason talks to us about how he’s going above and beyond what CDC guidelines for gyms and fitness centers are asking for, because in his works “working out isn’t just about fitness, we’re a gym about health and wellness” in other words it’s about creating an environment of health and wellness. It’s about the right balance of safety AND convenience for the gym members and staff. Here are a few key steps Jason is taking at LivFitness
- Temperature checks – clients check their own temperatures at check-in
- Mask mandatory – not comfortable, definitely controversial, but mandatory for everyone
- Max Capacity – no more than 20 people in the gym
- Cleaning – spay bottles everywhere, clean before and after by members, staff clean as well
- HVAC – updated and advanced filtration systems
- Shared Humanity – a gym with morals and a culture of true health and wellness
No Sign-up Fee
Best part is that Jason is offering an awesome deal.
Go to this link – livfitness.us/onesmallbite – to sign-up to LivFitness and he’ll waive the sign-up fee! What!? That’s a savings of $60 – take advantage of this great deal today! Then stay tuned to the end of the show to hear what we have in store for you next week!
Get Ready for More Great Episodes
OK, I truly hope you liked this episode! If so, then download my show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 55: Spooked by Halloween Candy? Don’t be – Learn How to Enjoy Your Treats Intuitively
- Episode 54: The Secret of Intuitive Eating for Athletes | Ditching Diet Culture and Improve Performance with Kia Bourne
- Episode 53: How Camping Nourishes Your Soul | 8 Health Benefits
- Episode 52: Is It Safe to Go Back to Your Gym? What to Consider with Guest Jason Varley
- Episode 51: Friday Food Hack – 6 Mindful Eating Techniques That Will Enhance Your Health
- Episode 50: The Secret Ingredient of Healthy Eating: Compassion – with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 49 – How Teamwork in Healthcare can Enhance Your Physical Performance and Nutrition with Guest Andrew Takata
- Episode 48 – Want to Know How Curiosity Can Enhance Your Health?
- Episode 47 – Eat What You Want and Live Healthy the OSB Way!
- BONUS Episode 46: Friday Food Hack – Is a Keto Diet Right for You?