Chronic overeating, also known as compulsive overeating, is a type of overeating that can be pretty debilitating for those of us that suffer from this. If this is you, you’ll want to listen in to this episode. I explain what truly defines chronic and compulsive overeating, like secrecy, physical pain, and the unavoidable pull to overeat. It seems like there’s something controlling actions and behaviors. I also discuss the various causes of chronic and compulsive overeating, such as stress, fear, and anxiety to name a few. I review the differences of emotional hunger versus physical hunger.
Emotional Hunger vs Physical Hunger
- Sudden hunger vs Gradual hunger
- Instant Gratification vs Delayed Satisfaction
- Specific craving for Hyper-Palatable Foods vs Anything will do
- Unrecognizable hunger cues vs Recognizable
- Guilt, Powerlessness, Shame vs Neutral feelings
More importantly, I go over the alternative to chronic overeating like pausing, finding balance, and so much more. You gotta tune it for this one! It will really help transform your desire to overeat.
Tune in and join me for this great episode, and then let me know what you think. Shoot me an email and leave me your thoughts. While you’re listening, please leave me a review, and if you like the episode share it with a friend.
If you like this episode, then download my show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 49 – How Teamwork in Healthcare can Enhance Your Physical Performance and Nutrition with Guest Andrew Takata
- Episode 48 – Want to Know How Curiosity Can Enhance Your Health?
- Episode 47 – Eat What You Want and Live Healthy the OSB Way!
- BONUS Episode 46: Friday Food Hack – Is a Keto Diet Right for You?
- Episode 45: 4 Ways Guys Can Enhance Their Sex Life
- Episode 44: Avoid Cooking and Still Eat Healthy with guest Jessica Todd
- Episode 43: 8 Simple Ways to Meal Plan Intuitively
- Episode 42: Chronic Overeating – How to Curve It
- Episode 41: Friday Food Hack – Now You Can Enjoy Your Carbs Without the Guilt
- Episode 40: Part 2 – What No One Tells You About Eating Disorders with Guest Dr. Linda Paulk Buchanan