Chronic overeating, also known as compulsive overeating, is a type of overeating that can be pretty debilitating for those of us that suffer from this. If this is you, you’ll want to listen in to this episode. I explain what truly defines chronic and compulsive overeating, like secrecy, physical pain, and the unavoidable pull to overeat. It seems like there’s something controlling actions and behaviors. I also discuss the various causes of chronic and compulsive overeating, such as stress, fear, and anxiety to name a few. I review the differences of emotional hunger versus physical hunger.
Emotional Hunger vs Physical Hunger
- Sudden hunger vs Gradual hunger
- Instant Gratification vs Delayed Satisfaction
- Specific craving for Hyper-Palatable Foods vs Anything will do
- Unrecognizable hunger cues vs Recognizable
- Guilt, Powerlessness, Shame vs Neutral feelings
More importantly, I go over the alternative to chronic overeating like pausing, finding balance, and so much more. You gotta tune it for this one! It will really help transform your desire to overeat.
Tune in and join me for this great episode, and then let me know what you think. Shoot me an email and leave me your thoughts. While you’re listening, please leave me a review, and if you like the episode share it with a friend.
If you like this episode, then download my show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Part 1: The Secret of How Diet Culture Oppresses and Exploits the LatinX Community with Carolina Guízar
- How to Overcome Eating and Body Image Challenges with The Body Joyful Author Anne Poirier
- How Black Women and BIPoC are Further Marginalize by Diet Culture with Whitney Trotter
- How Storytelling Can Transform your Relationship with Your Body with Storyteller Kimberly Dark
- What Everyone Should Know About RED-S, Alcohol, Disordered Eating, and More with Val Schonberg
- Episode 92: How to Combat Chronic Illness with an Anti-Diet, Intuitive Eating Approach
- Episode 91: Reembody Breathing Room App with Kevin Moore and Beck Beverage
- Episode 90: LatinX and Anti-Diet Approaches with Guest Dalina Soto
- Episode 89: Very Low Carbohydrate Diets and No Weight Loss? What’s Going On?
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode