Chronic overeating, also known as compulsive overeating, is a type of overeating that can be pretty debilitating for those of us that suffer from this. If this is you, you’ll want to listen in to this episode. I explain what truly defines chronic and compulsive overeating, like secrecy, physical pain, and the unavoidable pull to overeat. It seems like there’s something controlling actions and behaviors. I also discuss the various causes of chronic and compulsive overeating, such as stress, fear, and anxiety to name a few. I review the differences of emotional hunger versus physical hunger.
Emotional Hunger vs Physical Hunger
- Sudden hunger vs Gradual hunger
- Instant Gratification vs Delayed Satisfaction
- Specific craving for Hyper-Palatable Foods vs Anything will do
- Unrecognizable hunger cues vs Recognizable
- Guilt, Powerlessness, Shame vs Neutral feelings
More importantly, I go over the alternative to chronic overeating like pausing, finding balance, and so much more. You gotta tune it for this one! It will really help transform your desire to overeat.
Tune in and join me for this great episode, and then let me know what you think. Shoot me an email and leave me your thoughts. While you’re listening, please leave me a review, and if you like the episode share it with a friend.
If you like this episode, then download my show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 60: BONUS Friday Food Hack – One Key Way to Avoid the Food Guilt Around Thanksgiving
- Episode 59: Want to Know How to Convert Your Picky Eater? Here’s Small Bites with Chef Asata Reid
- Episode 58: What Everyone Ought to Know About Grilling with Grillmaster Ed Gaile
- Episode 57: How to Life with Guest Dr. Laura Jaget
- Episode 56: Solution Focused Approaches for Those Little Picky Eaters with Guest Cher Kretz
- Episode 55: Spooked by Halloween Candy? Don’t be – Learn How to Enjoy Your Treats Intuitively
- Episode 54: The Secret of Intuitive Eating for Athletes | Ditching Diet Culture and Improve Performance with Kia Bourne
- Episode 53: How Camping Nourishes Your Soul | 8 Health Benefits
- Episode 52: Is It Safe to Go Back to Your Gym? What to Consider with Guest Jason Varley
- Episode 51: Friday Food Hack – 6 Mindful Eating Techniques That Will Enhance Your Health