Chronic overeating, also known as compulsive overeating, is a type of overeating that can be pretty debilitating for those of us that suffer from this. If this is you, you’ll want to listen in to this episode. I explain what truly defines chronic and compulsive overeating, like secrecy, physical pain, and the unavoidable pull to overeat. It seems like there’s something controlling actions and behaviors. I also discuss the various causes of chronic and compulsive overeating, such as stress, fear, and anxiety to name a few. I review the differences of emotional hunger versus physical hunger.
Emotional Hunger vs Physical Hunger
- Sudden hunger vs Gradual hunger
- Instant Gratification vs Delayed Satisfaction
- Specific craving for Hyper-Palatable Foods vs Anything will do
- Unrecognizable hunger cues vs Recognizable
- Guilt, Powerlessness, Shame vs Neutral feelings
More importantly, I go over the alternative to chronic overeating like pausing, finding balance, and so much more. You gotta tune it for this one! It will really help transform your desire to overeat.
Tune in and join me for this great episode, and then let me know what you think. Shoot me an email and leave me your thoughts. While you’re listening, please leave me a review, and if you like the episode share it with a friend.
If you like this episode, then download my show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 79: How Cannabis and Nutrition Can Help with Guest Laura Lagano
- Episode 78: 4 Key Elements of Unapologetic Eating with Guest Alissa Rumsey
- Episode 77: One Small Self-Reflection Method that Builds Your Inner Compass with Guest Desmond Spann
- Episode 76: Friday Food Cast – How Weight Loss Articles Send the Wrong Messages
- Episode 75: Straight From the Client: How Intuitive Eating Worked for Me with Dr. Wanda Williams
- Episode 74: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Angie Dye
- Episode 73: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Lisa Carrigg
- Episode 72: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Tiffany Thoen
- Episode 71: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Vincci Tsui
- Episode 70: Friday Food Cast – 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EPISODE!!!