This Friday Food Cast is a special episode where David reflects on a year of living through the COVID-19 pandemic. He talks about the experiences of his two siblings fighting off COVID, the impacts COVID has had on his business, and what we can continue to do keep ourselves and others safe.
It’s been just over a year since COVID shut down normal business as we knew it in 2019. David shares with us the similar stories of two of his siblings, one brother and one sister, who both had severe symptoms while they fended off COVID. Even months later they both still experience residual side effects.
After sharing his family’s stories, David opens up about how the pandemic has changed his business, which has had to adjust to virtual client consults. Not only did David have to close the physical doors of TD Wellness, he also ended the office space lease, since we don’t know when in person consults will pick back up again, and insurance is still covering telehealth, so why not keep ourselves and our clients safe.
David ends with reminding us of a few ways to minimize our risk of exposure. Specifically reminding us to avoid the politics around COVID, to wear a mask, and get the vaccine when possible. This is about lives this is not about politics. We need to do what’s right. We lost brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, cousins, friends, and coworkers.
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode
- Episode 87: Let’s Talk Cannabis – Everything You Need to Know with guest Donna Shields
- Episode 86: The Body Positive Fitness Center You Can’t Live Without with Guest Abbey Griffith
- Episode 85: Body Trust and How it Can Help You Break Free from Diet Culture with Guest Aaron Flores
- Special Episode 84: Friday Food Cast – COVID: A Year in Remembrance
- Episode 83: How Body Liberation Frees Us from Diet Culture with Guest Kent Thomas
- Episode 82: Is Dieting Causing You More Trauma? with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 81: Friday Food Cast – Does Intermittent Fasting Work?
- Episode 80: Cool Alternative Careers for Chefs with Guest Chef Chris Spear
- Episode 79: How Cannabis and Nutrition Can Help with Guest Laura Lagano