This Friday Food Cast is a special episode where David reflects on a year of living through the COVID-19 pandemic. He talks about the experiences of his two siblings fighting off COVID, the impacts COVID has had on his business, and what we can continue to do keep ourselves and others safe.
It’s been just over a year since COVID shut down normal business as we knew it in 2019. David shares with us the similar stories of two of his siblings, one brother and one sister, who both had severe symptoms while they fended off COVID. Even months later they both still experience residual side effects.
After sharing his family’s stories, David opens up about how the pandemic has changed his business, which has had to adjust to virtual client consults. Not only did David have to close the physical doors of TD Wellness, he also ended the office space lease, since we don’t know when in person consults will pick back up again, and insurance is still covering telehealth, so why not keep ourselves and our clients safe.
David ends with reminding us of a few ways to minimize our risk of exposure. Specifically reminding us to avoid the politics around COVID, to wear a mask, and get the vaccine when possible. This is about lives this is not about politics. We need to do what’s right. We lost brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, cousins, friends, and coworkers.
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Part 1: The Secret of How Diet Culture Oppresses and Exploits the LatinX Community with Carolina Guízar
- How to Overcome Eating and Body Image Challenges with The Body Joyful Author Anne Poirier
- How Black Women and BIPoC are Further Marginalize by Diet Culture with Whitney Trotter
- How Storytelling Can Transform your Relationship with Your Body with Storyteller Kimberly Dark
- What Everyone Should Know About RED-S, Alcohol, Disordered Eating, and More with Val Schonberg
- Episode 92: How to Combat Chronic Illness with an Anti-Diet, Intuitive Eating Approach
- Episode 91: Reembody Breathing Room App with Kevin Moore and Beck Beverage
- Episode 90: LatinX and Anti-Diet Approaches with Guest Dalina Soto
- Episode 89: Very Low Carbohydrate Diets and No Weight Loss? What’s Going On?
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode