David is back with another great episode and this time he’s bring his special guest registered dietitian nutritionist, and just awesomest weight-inclusive LatinX nutritionist out there, Dalina Soto MA, RD, LDN. Dalina is a Spanish speaking registered dietitian and works as one of the few Spanish speaking registered dietitian nutritionists in the Philadelphia area and virtually across the country, teaching her clients how to ditch the diet mentality and keep their culture alive.
In this episode we discuss what it means to deliver weight-inclusive, anti-diet, and compassion focused nutrition recommendations and information to the LatinX communities. We talk about how Dalina was able to navigate through a very white cis-female dominate profession filled with implicit biases, to realize the importance of delivering a weight-inclusive and body positive approach. She tells us what the biggest challenges are for Latinas in a diet culture, and how the LatinX culture perpetuates these weight-centric norms on women to be thin and at the same time look voluptuous. Ay caramba! Listen in to all her great tips on being a more intuitive eater.
You can find her on IG @your.latina.nutritionist
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Part 1: The Secret of How Diet Culture Oppresses and Exploits the LatinX Community with Carolina Guízar
- How to Overcome Eating and Body Image Challenges with The Body Joyful Author Anne Poirier
- How Black Women and BIPoC are Further Marginalize by Diet Culture with Whitney Trotter
- How Storytelling Can Transform your Relationship with Your Body with Storyteller Kimberly Dark
- What Everyone Should Know About RED-S, Alcohol, Disordered Eating, and More with Val Schonberg
- Episode 92: How to Combat Chronic Illness with an Anti-Diet, Intuitive Eating Approach
- Episode 91: Reembody Breathing Room App with Kevin Moore and Beck Beverage
- Episode 90: LatinX and Anti-Diet Approaches with Guest Dalina Soto
- Episode 89: Very Low Carbohydrate Diets and No Weight Loss? What’s Going On?
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode