OK folks, it’s finally here – the brand new 4th edition of the most authoritative book on anti-diets, Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach! Intuitive Eating is a classic bestseller, and definitely NOT one of those diet books! Intuitive Eating, is a way of eating that is in line with our values, helping us transform our relationship with food and free ourselves from the hamster-wheel of fad diet gimmicks and tricks, yo-yo dieting (also known as weight-cycling), and the barrage of fake-science-based nutrition programs designed to fail us over and over again. This episode is Part 1 of a two-part series where I have the privilege of interviewing co-author Elyse Resch, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S. Elyse is a nutrition therapist in private practice in Beverly Hills, CA, with close to forty years of experience specializing in eating disorders. She is a prominent health professional in the field of nutrition, Intuitive Eating, and Health at Every Size. The best part is that I finally have both authors of Intuitive Eating on the show! If you haven’t yet listened to Episode 13 with co-author Evelyn Tribole, make sure to go over and take a listen! You’ll get to hear her perspectives and enjoy just a down-to-earth and just fun interview filled with nuggets of wisdom and information that will transform the way you eat.
In this Part 1 Episode Elyse discusses topics such as:
- Intuitive Eating Research and Science – over 125 research articles to date
- Elyse’s definition of IE – the dynamic interplay of instinct, emotion, and thought
- Interoceptive Awareness – the ability to hear and understand the body’s physiology
- The first 5 of the 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating – newly revised order and naming
- Satisfaction – Elyse explains how it’s at the core of Intuitive Eating
All this and so much more. That’s why you have to tune in for this insightful Part 1 interview and discover a new leaf on life, free from those extreme diets and crazy food rules that dominate our culture. And then keep listening, the following week we bring Part 2 with topics like
- Principles 6 through 10 – newly revised and updated with greater perspective
- Radical Acceptance – acceptance of ourselves through every cell in our body
- Honing our hunger and fullness cues – to enhance our health and well-being
- …And much more
If you like this episode, then download my show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode
- Episode 87: Let’s Talk Cannabis – Everything You Need to Know with guest Donna Shields
- Episode 86: The Body Positive Fitness Center You Can’t Live Without with Guest Abbey Griffith
- Episode 85: Body Trust and How it Can Help You Break Free from Diet Culture with Guest Aaron Flores
- Special Episode 84: Friday Food Cast – COVID: A Year in Remembrance
- Episode 83: How Body Liberation Frees Us from Diet Culture with Guest Kent Thomas
- Episode 82: Is Dieting Causing You More Trauma? with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 81: Friday Food Cast – Does Intermittent Fasting Work?
- Episode 80: Cool Alternative Careers for Chefs with Guest Chef Chris Spear
- Episode 79: How Cannabis and Nutrition Can Help with Guest Laura Lagano