Getting older doesn’t mean you have to give up on your health or physical activity. “It’s never too late” is one of Dr. Rosenbloom’s great pieces of advise. Listen in as I interview my mentor, colleague, and dear friend Dr. Christine Rosenbloom.
Find out her what her three key ingredients are to living healthy after 50, and listen in on topics we discuss such as the importance of hydration over 50, anabolic resistance to protein, her blog interviews, and online assessment tools on her website. In this episode we jump into a wealth of information that will change your perspective on Food and Fitness After 50!
Dr. Rosenbloom is a professor emerita of nutrition at Georgia State University. For 30 years she held various teaching and administrative positions at Georgia State, including department chair and associate dean for academics. She has over 20 years of experience as a sports dietitian, at the Georgia Tech Athletic Association and at Georgia State Athletic Association. She is on the advisory board for the International Olympic Committee Sports Nutrition Diploma program and is listed in the USOC Sports Dietitian Registry. More importantly, Dr. Rosenbloom has been an inspiration to me and to so many fellow colleagues, and she is one of most highly regarded dietitians in our profession, and throughout the Sports Nutrition community.
I’m really excited about this episode and hope you enjoy the information as much as I did. I look forward to have Dr. Rosenbloom on my show again. And, if you sign up today you will be put in a drawing to win a free copy of Dr. Rosenbloom’s book.
I greatly appreciate you listening, and remember if you haven’t yet subscribe please remember to do so, and leave me a review. Thanks again, and see you on the next episode!
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode
- Episode 87: Let’s Talk Cannabis – Everything You Need to Know with guest Donna Shields
- Episode 86: The Body Positive Fitness Center You Can’t Live Without with Guest Abbey Griffith
- Episode 85: Body Trust and How it Can Help You Break Free from Diet Culture with Guest Aaron Flores
- Special Episode 84: Friday Food Cast – COVID: A Year in Remembrance
- Episode 83: How Body Liberation Frees Us from Diet Culture with Guest Kent Thomas
- Episode 82: Is Dieting Causing You More Trauma? with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 81: Friday Food Cast – Does Intermittent Fasting Work?
- Episode 80: Cool Alternative Careers for Chefs with Guest Chef Chris Spear
- Episode 79: How Cannabis and Nutrition Can Help with Guest Laura Lagano