This is the last episode of 2020 and the first episode of a new podcast mini-series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions. Over the next several weeks I will have 6 podcasts dedicated to interviewing other Intuitive Eating professionals about New Year’s resolutions. First, is my guest Erica Mouch, owner of Erica Mouch Nutrition. Her and I discuss ways to work your way through that New Year’s resolution mind trap.
During this interview Erica shares her journey thus far, we discuss the importance of eating in line with one’s values, and she gives us some tips to avoid New Year resolution. One of my favorite parts of this interview is when Erica talks about how Intuitive eating is a self-affirming framework and how it takes a value based approach to health. Find out what “BMI” should stand for, what psychological oxygen is, and how vinyl records and cooking go hand in hand.
Tips to Avoid Weight Centered New Year’s Resolutions
- Know you are not alone
- Be aware of the accounts you follow on social media, unfollow ones that do not
- Protect yourself by removing things that make you feel less than
- Talk about something that is more interesting
- Stay centered in acceptance
Erica Mouch, RDN, CD is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with a Bachelor of Science from Eastern Michigan University and a Bachelor of the Arts in Psychology from Elon University. In the nutrition arena for over a decade, Erica advocates and practices from a Health At Every Size® lens in order to support people from all shapes and sizes in healing their relationship with food and their bodies. Erica is also a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor.
When I’m not working with clients or in the kitchen, you’ll find me on a mountain, on a walk or listening to vinyl records. In my spare time, I write a food and vinyl record pairing blog. Music is as central to my life as food and pairing these two together gives me great joy.
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 71: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Vincci Tsui
- Episode 70: Friday Food Cast – 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EPISODE!!!
- Episode 68: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Erica Mouch
- Episode 67: Who Else Wants to Find Balance Nourishing Their Soul? With Tai Chi Master Gu
- Episode 66: Friday Food Cast – 6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food Events
- Episode 65: Build Confidence and Be an Intuitive Eater with Julie Delucca Collins
- Episode 64: Part 2 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 63: Part 1 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 62: How Your Health is Determined By the Professional with Guest Tamara Melton
- Episode 61: Think Your Health is Determined by Only What You Eat? Guest Michelle Gooden Makes Us Think Again