Here’s a radical thought – thinness is NOT next to Godliness! Yup, that’s right, and in this two-part series you’ll hear my next guest talk about her approach to having a healthy and happy life in a fat body. Yes, you can be happy and healthy in a fat body––period. This has been one of the most amazing interviews I’ve done with any guest. Tiana Dodson is a person that is living, and has experience all the weight stigmatization and weight centered beliefs that you have to lose weight to be healthy, yet she wasn’t unhealthy to begin with. We talk about fat liberation, Health at Every Size, Intuitive Eating, weight inclusivity, and how society, and our own personal convictions, shames people for being fat, as if it is a disease.
Also, a small disclaimer, in this episode we talk about topics that can be very controversial and triggering. I did not edit out the cursing and we also talk about abortion, so please be advised.
This interview with Tiana Dodson represents a continuation of the discussions I’ve had with previous guests about Social Determinants of Health and the lack of diversity in healthcare. These two episodes will also help introduce a series of anti-diet, compassion focused nutrition, Intuitive Eating, and Health At Every Size conversations that I will have with several dietitians and guests in the next episodes. Stay tuned for some extremely thought-provoking conversations and radical acceptance regarding what it means to be healthy.
For right now, let me tell you a little about Tiana Dodson. Tiana is a fat, Body Liberation Coach and Facilitator who’s out to destroy the belief that you have to be skinny to be happy and healthy, loveable, or worthy. Through her work with the Fat Freedom Foundation program, she guides people feminine-of-center to reconnect with their bodies, destigmatize fatness, and learn about the harms of health being a measure of worth… all while finding how they can live their best fat lives.
Part 2 of this interview comes out this Friday, Dec 11, 2020. So please make sure to stay tuned, subscribe to the One Small Bite podcast so that the episodes are updated automatically to your device.
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 71: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Vincci Tsui
- Episode 70: Friday Food Cast – 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EPISODE!!!
- Episode 68: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Erica Mouch
- Episode 67: Who Else Wants to Find Balance Nourishing Their Soul? With Tai Chi Master Gu
- Episode 66: Friday Food Cast – 6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food Events
- Episode 65: Build Confidence and Be an Intuitive Eater with Julie Delucca Collins
- Episode 64: Part 2 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 63: Part 1 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 62: How Your Health is Determined By the Professional with Guest Tamara Melton
- Episode 61: Think Your Health is Determined by Only What You Eat? Guest Michelle Gooden Makes Us Think Again