One of the main concerns I hear around this time of year is the stress around holiday food. Stress levels are already high for many of us this year, and holiday tasks/events can heighten this, especially during a pandemic. Stress around holiday foods can be connected to fears of overeating or shame. Triggers like listening to a friend or family member talk about diets, weight, or their weight centric New Year resolution may come up.
SO, in this Friday Food Cast episode I provide 6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food. These are all a form of One Small Bite we can take to steer through holiday foods in an intuitive way and helps us genuinely enjoy what matters to us. Let lose; take a break; and enjoy time with family and friends.
6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food Events
- Fuel and Nourish Yourself
- Establish Boundaries
- Build Self-Compassion
- Get Some Support
- Enjoy Your Food! Episode 60
Like the quote from Brene Brown “When perfectionism is driving us (diets), shame is riding shotgun and fear is that annoying backseat driver.”
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 71: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Vincci Tsui
- Episode 70: Friday Food Cast – 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EPISODE!!!
- Episode 68: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Erica Mouch
- Episode 67: Who Else Wants to Find Balance Nourishing Their Soul? With Tai Chi Master Gu
- Episode 66: Friday Food Cast – 6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food Events
- Episode 65: Build Confidence and Be an Intuitive Eater with Julie Delucca Collins
- Episode 64: Part 2 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 63: Part 1 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 62: How Your Health is Determined By the Professional with Guest Tamara Melton
- Episode 61: Think Your Health is Determined by Only What You Eat? Guest Michelle Gooden Makes Us Think Again