One of the main concerns I hear around this time of year is the stress around holiday food. Stress levels are already high for many of us this year, and holiday tasks/events can heighten this, especially during a pandemic. Stress around holiday foods can be connected to fears of overeating or shame. Triggers like listening to a friend or family member talk about diets, weight, or their weight centric New Year resolution may come up.
SO, in this Friday Food Cast episode I provide 6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food. These are all a form of One Small Bite we can take to steer through holiday foods in an intuitive way and helps us genuinely enjoy what matters to us. Let lose; take a break; and enjoy time with family and friends.
6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food Events
- Fuel and Nourish Yourself
- Establish Boundaries
- Build Self-Compassion
- Get Some Support
- Enjoy Your Food! Episode 60
Like the quote from Brene Brown “When perfectionism is driving us (diets), shame is riding shotgun and fear is that annoying backseat driver.”
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode
- Episode 87: Let’s Talk Cannabis – Everything You Need to Know with guest Donna Shields
- Episode 86: The Body Positive Fitness Center You Can’t Live Without with Guest Abbey Griffith
- Episode 85: Body Trust and How it Can Help You Break Free from Diet Culture with Guest Aaron Flores
- Special Episode 84: Friday Food Cast – COVID: A Year in Remembrance
- Episode 83: How Body Liberation Frees Us from Diet Culture with Guest Kent Thomas
- Episode 82: Is Dieting Causing You More Trauma? with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 81: Friday Food Cast – Does Intermittent Fasting Work?
- Episode 80: Cool Alternative Careers for Chefs with Guest Chef Chris Spear
- Episode 79: How Cannabis and Nutrition Can Help with Guest Laura Lagano