Are you dealing with stomach pain, bloating, excess gas, and gut issues that just won’t quit? The worst part is when these issues happen right at the most inopportune moments, like right during a meeting, at the movies, on the plane, or parties. Well, you gotta listen in cuz I have the right guest for you! In this episode we dive deep into stomach problems. My guest today is fellow registered dietitian nutritionist, Kate Scarlata, who is arguably the best gut health nutritionist out there! We talk about the most common gut issues with men, what we can do to prevent problems, what foods to watch out for. We chat about the Low-FODMAP diet and how it benefits people that suffer from IBS. We cover other gastrointestinal issues like celiac disease and reflux. Kate enlightens us with some great tips, suggestions, and simple ideas to get us feeling better. Listen in because it’s a wealth of knowledge coming your way!
Kate Scarlata, MPH, RDN, LDN is a registered, licensed dietitian with a nutrition consultation business in Medway, Massachusetts. She has 30 years experience providing nutrition consultation to patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), celiac disease and inflammatory bowel disease. Kate is considered a global expert in the low FODMAP diet and food intolerance. She is an invited speaker to numerous conferences in the US and abroad. Kate is a New York Times Best Selling author of the book 21 Day Tummy Diet:The Revolutionary Diet That Soothes and Shrinks Any Belly Fast, which she co-authored. She is also written The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Eating Well with IBS, and co-author of The low FODMAP Diet Step by Step. Kate earned her B.S. in Nutrition from Simmons College in Boston, Massachusetts and her MPH at the University of Massachusetts. She was awarded the Outstanding Dietitian of the Year by the Massachusetts Dietetic Association and voted Boston’s Best Dietitian award by Boston Magazine.
I’m gonna keep bringing top expert guests just like Kate, more Friday Food Hacks, and cover a bunch of men’s mental health topics. That’s why you gotta head on over to Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode.
I’d love to hear from you. Do me a favor please, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover by going Apple Podcast and leaving me a review.
I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul! I look forward to serving you soon!
- Episode 23: Top 10 Hacks to Make the Best of Working From Home During COVID-19
- Episode 022: Protein – How Much, What Kind, and When
- Episode 021: Implicit Biases and How They Affect Us Men with Patrick Bryant
- Episode 020: Friday Food Hack – 8 Wellness Tips to Help You Fight Coronavirus
- Episode 019: Diabetes Could be Negatively Affecting Your Performance in Bed with Jill Weisenberger
- Episode 018: Stomach Problems NO MORE with Gut Expert Kate Scarlata
- Episode 017: Where Delicious and Healthy Meet with Celebrity Ellie Krieger
- Episode 016: How Hyper-masculinity is Ruining More Than Just Our Health with Co-host Patrick Bryant
- Episode 015: Friday Food Hack – Does Intermittent Fasting Really Work?
- Episode 014: How Sleep Affects Our Performance