Are you dealing with stomach pain, bloating, excess gas, and gut issues that just won’t quit? The worst part is when these issues happen right at the most inopportune moments, like right during a meeting, at the movies, on the plane, or parties. Well, you gotta listen in cuz I have the right guest for you! In this episode we dive deep into stomach problems. My guest today is fellow registered dietitian nutritionist, Kate Scarlata, who is arguably the best gut health nutritionist out there! We talk about the most common gut issues with men, what we can do to prevent problems, what foods to watch out for. We chat about the Low-FODMAP diet and how it benefits people that suffer from IBS. We cover other gastrointestinal issues like celiac disease and reflux. Kate enlightens us with some great tips, suggestions, and simple ideas to get us feeling better. Listen in because it’s a wealth of knowledge coming your way!
Kate Scarlata, MPH, RDN, LDN is a registered, licensed dietitian with a nutrition consultation business in Medway, Massachusetts. She has 30 years experience providing nutrition consultation to patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), celiac disease and inflammatory bowel disease. Kate is considered a global expert in the low FODMAP diet and food intolerance. She is an invited speaker to numerous conferences in the US and abroad. Kate is a New York Times Best Selling author of the book 21 Day Tummy Diet:The Revolutionary Diet That Soothes and Shrinks Any Belly Fast, which she co-authored. She is also written The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Eating Well with IBS, and co-author of The low FODMAP Diet Step by Step. Kate earned her B.S. in Nutrition from Simmons College in Boston, Massachusetts and her MPH at the University of Massachusetts. She was awarded the Outstanding Dietitian of the Year by the Massachusetts Dietetic Association and voted Boston’s Best Dietitian award by Boston Magazine.
I’m gonna keep bringing top expert guests just like Kate, more Friday Food Hacks, and cover a bunch of men’s mental health topics. That’s why you gotta head on over to Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode.
I’d love to hear from you. Do me a favor please, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover by going Apple Podcast and leaving me a review.
I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul! I look forward to serving you soon!
- Episode 79: How Cannabis and Nutrition Can Help with Guest Laura Lagano
- Episode 78: 4 Key Elements of Unapologetic Eating with Guest Alissa Rumsey
- Episode 77: One Small Self-Reflection Method that Builds Your Inner Compass with Guest Desmond Spann
- Episode 76: Friday Food Cast – How Weight Loss Articles Send the Wrong Messages
- Episode 75: Straight From the Client: How Intuitive Eating Worked for Me with Dr. Wanda Williams
- Episode 74: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Angie Dye
- Episode 73: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Lisa Carrigg
- Episode 72: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Tiffany Thoen
- Episode 71: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Vincci Tsui
- Episode 70: Friday Food Cast – 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EPISODE!!!