It’s summer time and I often get quite a few questions about hydration and how much water to drink. In this episode I talk about where the recommendation for 8-8 ounces of water a day come from. I give examples of how beverage companies push the concept of over hydrating in order to sell more of their products. Then there’s also the beauty, supplement, fitness, and even health industries that have also highjacked the concept of more water. Spoiler alert! “More” water doesn’t beautify our skin, give us more energy, or even help us lose weight or keep us healthier. More water just makes us go to the bathroom all the time, and well that’s just disruptive.
Listen in to today’s episode where I give some simple but sound suggestions to helps us pay better attention to our own internal signals to hydrate; how to get more water from the food we eat; and cool ideas to make water a little more enjoyable.
Feel free to hit me up on my social channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or feel free to message me at my website and let me know what you think about today’s episode. Or, if you have a moment head on over to Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and share this info with someone else, hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode, and then take a few minutes to leave me a review. I read every one of them and then talk about them on the air.
Thank you so much once again for being a loyal listener and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 42: Chronic Overeating – How to Curve It
- Episode 41: Friday Food Hack – Now You Can Enjoy Your Carbs Without the Guilt
- Episode 40: Part 2 – What No One Tells You About Eating Disorders with Guest Dr. Linda Paulk Buchanan
- Episode 39: Part 1 – What No One Tells You About Eating Disorders with Guest Dr. Linda Paulk Buchanan
- Episode 38: Part 2 – How to Ditch Diets and Make Peace with Food with Elyse Resch
- Episode 37: Part 1 – How to Ditch Diets and Make Peace with Food with Elyse Resch
- Episode 36: Top 5 Hydration Hacks that Buck Trends
- Episode 35: How to Enjoy Tequila AND Turmeric with Kristen Olson
- Episode 34: Friday Food Hack – Processed Foods: What Everyone Ought to Know
- Episode 33: How to Snooze and Lose with Dr. Lydia Sosenko