It’s summer time and I often get quite a few questions about hydration and how much water to drink. In this episode I talk about where the recommendation for 8-8 ounces of water a day come from. I give examples of how beverage companies push the concept of over hydrating in order to sell more of their products. Then there’s also the beauty, supplement, fitness, and even health industries that have also highjacked the concept of more water. Spoiler alert! “More” water doesn’t beautify our skin, give us more energy, or even help us lose weight or keep us healthier. More water just makes us go to the bathroom all the time, and well that’s just disruptive.
Listen in to today’s episode where I give some simple but sound suggestions to helps us pay better attention to our own internal signals to hydrate; how to get more water from the food we eat; and cool ideas to make water a little more enjoyable.
Feel free to hit me up on my social channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or feel free to message me at my website and let me know what you think about today’s episode. Or, if you have a moment head on over to Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and share this info with someone else, hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode, and then take a few minutes to leave me a review. I read every one of them and then talk about them on the air.
Thank you so much once again for being a loyal listener and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 55: Spooked by Halloween Candy? Don’t be – Learn How to Enjoy Your Treats Intuitively
- Episode 54: The Secret of Intuitive Eating for Athletes | Ditching Diet Culture and Improve Performance with Kia Bourne
- Episode 53: How Camping Nourishes Your Soul | 8 Health Benefits
- Episode 52: Is It Safe to Go Back to Your Gym? What to Consider with Guest Jason Varley
- Episode 51: Friday Food Hack – 6 Mindful Eating Techniques That Will Enhance Your Health
- Episode 50: The Secret Ingredient of Healthy Eating: Compassion – with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 49 – How Teamwork in Healthcare can Enhance Your Physical Performance and Nutrition with Guest Andrew Takata
- Episode 48 – Want to Know How Curiosity Can Enhance Your Health?
- Episode 47 – Eat What You Want and Live Healthy the OSB Way!
- BONUS Episode 46: Friday Food Hack – Is a Keto Diet Right for You?