It’s summer time and I often get quite a few questions about hydration and how much water to drink. In this episode I talk about where the recommendation for 8-8 ounces of water a day come from. I give examples of how beverage companies push the concept of over hydrating in order to sell more of their products. Then there’s also the beauty, supplement, fitness, and even health industries that have also highjacked the concept of more water. Spoiler alert! “More” water doesn’t beautify our skin, give us more energy, or even help us lose weight or keep us healthier. More water just makes us go to the bathroom all the time, and well that’s just disruptive.
Listen in to today’s episode where I give some simple but sound suggestions to helps us pay better attention to our own internal signals to hydrate; how to get more water from the food we eat; and cool ideas to make water a little more enjoyable.
Feel free to hit me up on my social channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or feel free to message me at my website and let me know what you think about today’s episode. Or, if you have a moment head on over to Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and share this info with someone else, hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode, and then take a few minutes to leave me a review. I read every one of them and then talk about them on the air.
Thank you so much once again for being a loyal listener and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode
- Episode 87: Let’s Talk Cannabis – Everything You Need to Know with guest Donna Shields
- Episode 86: The Body Positive Fitness Center You Can’t Live Without with Guest Abbey Griffith
- Episode 85: Body Trust and How it Can Help You Break Free from Diet Culture with Guest Aaron Flores
- Special Episode 84: Friday Food Cast – COVID: A Year in Remembrance
- Episode 83: How Body Liberation Frees Us from Diet Culture with Guest Kent Thomas
- Episode 82: Is Dieting Causing You More Trauma? with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 81: Friday Food Cast – Does Intermittent Fasting Work?
- Episode 80: Cool Alternative Careers for Chefs with Guest Chef Chris Spear
- Episode 79: How Cannabis and Nutrition Can Help with Guest Laura Lagano