Another great edition with my good buddy Patrick Bryant, Licensed Clinical Social Worker and owner of The Peaceful Place. Listen in as he comes back on the show to talk to us about Hyper-masculinity. We explore how this over expression and over exaggeration of being a man is affecting every aspect of our lives. From the food we eat to the relationships we keep; hyper-masculinity is deeply integrated in every fabric of our male existence. Our discussion today covers challenges in raising boys in this toxic environment, how we subliminally express old traditions and beliefs of what it means to be a man, thus forcing us to extreme behaviors such as overeating, over exercising, sex addiction, depression, and even extreme waves of anger or violence. Join us as we explore how we can overcome some of these challenges, and tap into vulnerabilities to build greater strength and emotional intelligence. Listen in as Patrick also provides us with 3 simple approaches to enhancing our identity, and truly become a gentle-man.
Patrick is owner You can find Patrick Bryant at The Peaceful Place, LLC, and provides a holistic approach to helping men. He believes that working with the whole you (mind, body, emotion, and spirit) is what helps you reach self-satisfaction and healthy connection with others, all the while respecting that you are in control of your experience and the direction you wish to take your life. Patrick’s work comes from a safe, non-judgmental approach, and he believes men are more than stoicism, anger, responsibilities, and needs for success. He notes that men have a spectrum of emotion, and face challenges navigating vulnerability, like anyone else; however this experience may manifest in different ways for men. Creating time and space to grow and develop your complete self (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual) will not only bring enrichment to your life, but to others around you. Our work, together, may include fostering a healthy relationship with masculinity, navigating stress, or overcoming anxiety, depression, trauma, or relationship challenges.
Remember to tune in each month as Patrick will continue to cover a variety of health, nutrition, and wellness topic for the modern man. We will also be taking your listener questions and comments on air, so feel free to leave us a comment here.
Oh, and remember, I am offering a FREE 30 Minute Intuitive Eating Coaching session to the first 10 listeners that register for this great deal. But you have to hurry because this offer only lasts until 8am, Mar 5th, 2020, or until all spots are taken – whichever comes first. Hurry up and register today!
And do I have a treat for you! Join me next week for an interview with my special guest, the Food Network star, the amazing Ellie Krieger. She’s going to give us some great insights how men can dazzle and shine in the kitchen, and provide some great cooking tips and ideas. You just won’t want to miss it. For now, remember to head on over to Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google and hit subscribe so you’ll automatically get the latest episodes downloaded right to your device. And when you have a minute, please leave me a review in Apple Podcast, or share my show with a friend.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul! I look forward to serving you soon!
- Episode 71: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Vincci Tsui
- Episode 70: Friday Food Cast – 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EPISODE!!!
- Episode 68: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Erica Mouch
- Episode 67: Who Else Wants to Find Balance Nourishing Their Soul? With Tai Chi Master Gu
- Episode 66: Friday Food Cast – 6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food Events
- Episode 65: Build Confidence and Be an Intuitive Eater with Julie Delucca Collins
- Episode 64: Part 2 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 63: Part 1 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 62: How Your Health is Determined By the Professional with Guest Tamara Melton
- Episode 61: Think Your Health is Determined by Only What You Eat? Guest Michelle Gooden Makes Us Think Again