This Friday Food Cast is all about how weight loss articles send the wrong message. We continue to inspect the referenced research with a weight inclusive lens. Episode 81 dives into one of the referenced research papers from an article about different intermitted fasting techniques and weight loss. The article and research was reviewed by an intern at TD Wellness, Ivy Tran.
On the surface the research paper appears to be decent and probably a good reference source for the article, but as David presents Ivy’s review we can see various inconsistencies. Bigger yet, Ivy identifies why this research paper might not be representative of the general population, as the article suggests about intermitted fasting. More or less, this is a great podcast if you want to gain a little insight into how we (anti-diet, weight inclusive) dietitians critically look at research. Specifically, research used to promote individuals to disconnect with natural hunger cues and in add more restrictions to food.
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode
- Episode 87: Let’s Talk Cannabis – Everything You Need to Know with guest Donna Shields
- Episode 86: The Body Positive Fitness Center You Can’t Live Without with Guest Abbey Griffith
- Episode 85: Body Trust and How it Can Help You Break Free from Diet Culture with Guest Aaron Flores
- Special Episode 84: Friday Food Cast – COVID: A Year in Remembrance
- Episode 83: How Body Liberation Frees Us from Diet Culture with Guest Kent Thomas
- Episode 82: Is Dieting Causing You More Trauma? with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 81: Friday Food Cast – Does Intermittent Fasting Work?
- Episode 80: Cool Alternative Careers for Chefs with Guest Chef Chris Spear
- Episode 79: How Cannabis and Nutrition Can Help with Guest Laura Lagano