What does implicit bias mean, and in particularly how does it affect the way we eat, live, play, love, and become gentlemen? In this episode my buddy Patrick (from The Peaceful Place, LLC) and I shoot the breeze again about implicit biases by men toward men; by women toward men; by men toward women, what men assume women want, think, etc. about expectations for men. An example is how we raise boys to suck it up, be strong, independent, and fight it out, which all exacerbate hypermasculinity reinforce stereotypes, gendered segregation, negative perceptions and sensitivities between/toward other genders, reactions to/avoidance of vulnerability, excessive or extreme sports or exercising, and eating disorders in men.
Listen in to our 4 Antidote to Implicit Bias
We are having these conversations to allow us the freedom and permission to redefine masculinity and its parameters, seek and build compassion and kindness to ourselves as well as others, normalizing diversity within masculinity – it’s ok to be masculine; it’s not ok to shame/judge others for not meeting standards for extreme masculinity. Being respectful, gentlemanly, responsible, competitive, protective, etc. are fine qualities, but it’s more about how we attain in mindful and compassionate ways.
I would love to hear what you think. Feel free to go to my website contact and tell me what you would like to hear, what are some of YOUR challenges or topics you’d like me to cover, and who you want to hear from. Leave me a message here and I will get to your answer on one of our next episodes.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul! I look forward to serving you soon!
- Episode 23: Top 10 Hacks to Make the Best of Working From Home During COVID-19
- Episode 022: Protein – How Much, What Kind, and When
- Episode 021: Implicit Biases and How They Affect Us Men with Patrick Bryant
- Episode 020: Friday Food Hack – 8 Wellness Tips to Help You Fight Coronavirus
- Episode 019: Diabetes Could be Negatively Affecting Your Performance in Bed with Jill Weisenberger
- Episode 018: Stomach Problems NO MORE with Gut Expert Kate Scarlata
- Episode 017: Where Delicious and Healthy Meet with Celebrity Ellie Krieger
- Episode 016: How Hyper-masculinity is Ruining More Than Just Our Health with Co-host Patrick Bryant
- Episode 015: Friday Food Hack – Does Intermittent Fasting Really Work?
- Episode 014: How Sleep Affects Our Performance