What does implicit bias mean, and in particularly how does it affect the way we eat, live, play, love, and become gentlemen? In this episode my buddy Patrick (from The Peaceful Place, LLC) and I shoot the breeze again about implicit biases by men toward men; by women toward men; by men toward women, what men assume women want, think, etc. about expectations for men. An example is how we raise boys to suck it up, be strong, independent, and fight it out, which all exacerbate hypermasculinity reinforce stereotypes, gendered segregation, negative perceptions and sensitivities between/toward other genders, reactions to/avoidance of vulnerability, excessive or extreme sports or exercising, and eating disorders in men.
Listen in to our 4 Antidote to Implicit Bias
We are having these conversations to allow us the freedom and permission to redefine masculinity and its parameters, seek and build compassion and kindness to ourselves as well as others, normalizing diversity within masculinity – it’s ok to be masculine; it’s not ok to shame/judge others for not meeting standards for extreme masculinity. Being respectful, gentlemanly, responsible, competitive, protective, etc. are fine qualities, but it’s more about how we attain in mindful and compassionate ways.
I would love to hear what you think. Feel free to go to my website contact and tell me what you would like to hear, what are some of YOUR challenges or topics you’d like me to cover, and who you want to hear from. Leave me a message here and I will get to your answer on one of our next episodes.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul! I look forward to serving you soon!
- Episode 71: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Vincci Tsui
- Episode 70: Friday Food Cast – 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EPISODE!!!
- Episode 68: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Erica Mouch
- Episode 67: Who Else Wants to Find Balance Nourishing Their Soul? With Tai Chi Master Gu
- Episode 66: Friday Food Cast – 6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food Events
- Episode 65: Build Confidence and Be an Intuitive Eater with Julie Delucca Collins
- Episode 64: Part 2 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 63: Part 1 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 62: How Your Health is Determined By the Professional with Guest Tamara Melton
- Episode 61: Think Your Health is Determined by Only What You Eat? Guest Michelle Gooden Makes Us Think Again