Welcome to the Friday Food Hack bonus episode number 15. In these Friday Food Hacks, I serve up nutrition, fitness, and health hacks to help optimize your health and your life.
Today’s topic – Does Intermittent Fasting actually work? In this episode of the Friday Food Hack I explore the recent diet phenomenon of Intermittent Fasting, or IF for short. I talk about the research behind IF and what it shows, how efficacious it for us guys, and whether there is strong backing that this diet actually helps us. I came across this topic because of the number of people that have been coming to my office interested in starting this diet, or clients looking for more professional guidance to do this diet right. Some guys just want to find out why it’s is or isn’t working for them. Some guys have been asking whether it helps them cut fat and trim up or improve their health like lowing blood sugar levels or cholesterol. On this episode I tell you about the 5 Key Diet Traps that I talk about in Episode 2: Chop the Diet Mentality and how IF fairs to that checklist. We look the types of IF that people are doing, and what happens initially and long term. I talk about certain studies on IF and what they show.
This is one episode you don’t want to miss! And if you like this one, or any of the other interviews, well then continue to tune in to hear all the great expert guests just like Dr. Xu I have coming up on this show. You just won’t want to miss it. For now, remember to head on over to Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google and hit subscribe so you’ll automatically get the latest episodes downloaded right to your device. And when you have a minute, please leave me a review in Apple Podcast, or share my show with a friend.
Lastly, please remember this episode is brought to you by TD Nutrition and Wellness, and I am offering a Free 30 Minute Intuitive Eating Virtual Nutrition Session to the first 10 that register for this great deal. But you have to hurry because this offer only lasts until 8am, Mar 5th, 2020. Hurry up and register today!
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul! I look forward to serving you soon!
- Episode 23: Top 10 Hacks to Make the Best of Working From Home During COVID-19
- Episode 022: Protein – How Much, What Kind, and When
- Episode 021: Implicit Biases and How They Affect Us Men with Patrick Bryant
- Episode 020: Friday Food Hack – 8 Wellness Tips to Help You Fight Coronavirus
- Episode 019: Diabetes Could be Negatively Affecting Your Performance in Bed with Jill Weisenberger
- Episode 018: Stomach Problems NO MORE with Gut Expert Kate Scarlata
- Episode 017: Where Delicious and Healthy Meet with Celebrity Ellie Krieger
- Episode 016: How Hyper-masculinity is Ruining More Than Just Our Health with Co-host Patrick Bryant
- Episode 015: Friday Food Hack – Does Intermittent Fasting Really Work?
- Episode 014: How Sleep Affects Our Performance