Hey guys, have you ever heard of Intuitive Eating? Did you know it is a bestselling book? Oh, but definitely not one of those diet books! Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program that Works, is a way of eating and living that is in line with our values. Intuitive Eating helps transform your relationship with food and eating so you don’t get caught up in the gimmicks and tricks of fad diets, or pseudo-science-based nutrition programs. Listen in to this episode as my guest Evelyn Tribole and I chat about topics like interoceptive awareness, satisfaction, and how we can hone our hunger and fullness cues to enhance our health and well-being. Evelyn is not only a fellow registered dietitian nutritionist, she is co-author of Intuitive Eating, an icon in the nutrition world, and she’s been a mentor of mine for over 12 years. Evelyn travels around the world to speak to various groups and organizations in numerous countries about the benefits of Intuitive Eating.
Listen in as Evelyn and I talk about how us guys can apply the principles of Intuitive Eating to optimize our health. We talk about the 10 Intuitive Eating Principles, such as Rejecting the Diet Mentality, Making Peace with Food, and my favorite, Discovering the Satisfaction. We explore what it means to be full after a complete plate of food but still have “room” for dessert or a few more pints of beer. We also discuss what Interoceptive Awareness is, how it affects our perception of physical sensations. We also dive deep into how crazy food rules and rigid diets burn us out in the long-term. Tune in for this insightful interview and discover a new leaf on life, free from those extreme diets and crazy food rules that dominate our culture.
Now let me tell you about the offer! If you listened to the podcast you know what I mean. Actually, you’re already here so let me just tell ya…This episode is brought to you by TD Wellness, and I am offering a Free 30 Minute Intuitive Eating Virtual Nutrition Session to the first 10 that register for this great deal. But you have to hurry because this offer only lasts until 8am, Mar 5th, 2020. Hurry up and register today!
Oh, and by the way, if you liked this episode, well then stay tuned as I’ll be bringing some more fantastic guests and experts in the fields of nutrition, food, fitness, and wellness. For now, head on over to Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, or Google and hit subscribe so you’ll automatically get the latest episodes downloaded right to your device. And when you have a minute, please leave me a review in Apple Podcast and share my show with a friend.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life. I look forward to serving you soon!
- Episode 23: Top 10 Hacks to Make the Best of Working From Home During COVID-19
- Episode 022: Protein – How Much, What Kind, and When
- Episode 021: Implicit Biases and How They Affect Us Men with Patrick Bryant
- Episode 020: Friday Food Hack – 8 Wellness Tips to Help You Fight Coronavirus
- Episode 019: Diabetes Could be Negatively Affecting Your Performance in Bed with Jill Weisenberger
- Episode 018: Stomach Problems NO MORE with Gut Expert Kate Scarlata
- Episode 017: Where Delicious and Healthy Meet with Celebrity Ellie Krieger
- Episode 016: How Hyper-masculinity is Ruining More Than Just Our Health with Co-host Patrick Bryant
- Episode 015: Friday Food Hack – Does Intermittent Fasting Really Work?
- Episode 014: How Sleep Affects Our Performance