Just in time for Mother’s Day guys! Wanna get in good with Mamma? Well tune into this episode because I invited a mentor and colleague of mine, Liz Weiss to give us delicious and healthy food and meal ideas that will get Mamma doing the happy dance. Liz’s real food philosophy is all about adding food groups to your diet, not taking them away. No deprivation. She craves simplicity and easy-to-find everyday ingredients that make mealtime a breeze. Oh, and by the way, this episode will help us guys optimize our health One Small Bite at a time! Listen in as we talk how to help out in the kitchen, division of labor, simple steps, knife and cooking skills, and even composting. Listen in to get all you need to enhance our relationships at home AND with food.
Liz is the voice behind the family food podcast and blog, Liz’s Healthy Table. She interviews expert guests, shares recipes, and inspires parents to cook with their kids and eat meals together. She is the co-author of No Whine with Dinner, The Moms’ Guide to Meal Makeovers, and the author of Color, Cook, Eat!, a playful and unique coloring e-book series. Liz is a regular guest on NBC’s the Hub Today in Boston, writes for Today’s Dietitian magazine and blog, and is a past columnist for Kiwi Magazine and Nick Jr. She served on the Wellness Committee in her children’s school for 12 years and currently volunteers for two hunger-relief groups: Lex Eat Together and Mazon. You can find Liz at LizsHealthyTable.com
Recipes that husbands, partners, and men can make when the main cook in the household is away:
– Last-Minute Black Bean Soup: https://www.lizshealthytable.com/2012/01/30/last-minute-black-bean-soup/
– Corny Salmon Cakes: https://www.lizshealthytable.com/2017/03/24/corny-salmon-cakes/
– Veggie Quiche Patties: https://www.lizshealthytable.com/2014/03/21/veggie-quiche-patties/
– Veggie burgers (we can talk about some of the frozen veggie burgers and how to enhance them w/ healthy toppings)
– Tofu Lettuce Wraps: https://www.lizshealthytable.com/2019/06/12/tofu-lettuce-wraps/
– Peanut Butter Smiley Face English Muffins (fun for kids to make – in other words… keep kids busy with an edible food project): https://www.lizshealthytable.com/2015/03/10/peanut-butter-smiley-faces/
Also, I’m always looking out for listener questions. Please when you get a moment, feel free to let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover by going to Apple Podcast, or visit my website and leave me your comments there. I read every one of them.
The One Small Bite podcast is brought to you by my nutrition practice TD Wellness. Your insurance will probably cover nutrition services, but we like to help some of you while find a new job and get through this pandemic, we are offering a rate of $50 on all virtual consults until July 1, 2020 as we all cope with this COVID-19 crisis. Click this link to contact us and make an appointment today!
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul! Thank you!
- Episode 42: Chronic Overeating – How to Curve It
- Episode 41: Friday Food Hack – Now You Can Enjoy Your Carbs Without the Guilt
- Episode 40: Part 2 – What No One Tells You About Eating Disorders with Guest Dr. Linda Paulk Buchanan
- Episode 39: Part 1 – What No One Tells You About Eating Disorders with Guest Dr. Linda Paulk Buchanan
- Episode 38: Part 2 – How to Ditch Diets and Make Peace with Food with Elyse Resch
- Episode 37: Part 1 – How to Ditch Diets and Make Peace with Food with Elyse Resch
- Episode 36: Top 5 Hydration Hacks that Buck Trends
- Episode 35: How to Enjoy Tequila AND Turmeric with Kristen Olson
- Episode 34: Friday Food Hack – Processed Foods: What Everyone Ought to Know
- Episode 33: How to Snooze and Lose with Dr. Lydia Sosenko