Hey folks, want to know how to get your healthcare team to collaborate and enhance your physical performance and nutrition? Today on the One Small Bite podcast I bring my special guest Andrew Takata, Certified Athletic Trainer and founder of HNL Movement, to discuss the importance of just that. We will talk about topics such as…
- Multidimensional health and wellness approaches
- Inter-professional and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Most common injuries and mistakes in athletes
- How to connect professionals to work together
Andrew also gives us his tips and advice on the best ways athletes can take better care of themselves, reduce injury, recover from workouts, and stay healthy. And no secret here, it has a lot to do with small incremental changes to your workouts, diet, and mindset. Listen in as we also discuss about the evolution of the old “no-pain, no-gain” mentality, and the mindset shift to a more client centered plan to training smarter and not harder.
A little background on Andrew
Andrew Takata is the founder of HNL Movement, an online company that focuses on elevating human performance in sports, fitness, health, and life. His philosophy is creating a multidimensional approach that allows you to live the active lifestyle you love. He has a unique blend of professional experiences, being a Certified Athletic Trainer with a master’s degree in athletic training, a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and holds a Diploma in Sports Nutrition from the International Olympic Committee. He strives to help athletes and people of all levels with rehab and injury prevention strategies, performance enhancement training, as well as incorporating sustainable nutrition habits. He has a passion for sharing these resources and knowledge and believes all clients who are fully invested in learning and improving their functionality should receive high-quality training. He is also humbled daily by the opportunity to train, educate, and assist clients of all ages, levels, and backgrounds.
If you like this episode, then download my show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 60: BONUS Friday Food Hack – One Key Way to Avoid the Food Guilt Around Thanksgiving
- Episode 59: Want to Know How to Convert Your Picky Eater? Here’s Small Bites with Chef Asata Reid
- Episode 58: What Everyone Ought to Know About Grilling with Grillmaster Ed Gaile
- Episode 57: How to Life with Guest Dr. Laura Jaget
- Episode 56: Solution Focused Approaches for Those Little Picky Eaters with Guest Cher Kretz
- Episode 55: Spooked by Halloween Candy? Don’t be – Learn How to Enjoy Your Treats Intuitively
- Episode 54: The Secret of Intuitive Eating for Athletes | Ditching Diet Culture and Improve Performance with Kia Bourne
- Episode 53: How Camping Nourishes Your Soul | 8 Health Benefits
- Episode 52: Is It Safe to Go Back to Your Gym? What to Consider with Guest Jason Varley
- Episode 51: Friday Food Hack – 6 Mindful Eating Techniques That Will Enhance Your Health