So, the conversation continues! In part 2, I finish my amazing conversation with guest Tiana Dodson. As a reminder: Yes, you can be happy and healthy in a fat body––period. Tiana continues to share her story with us and touches on how difficult it is to find, and is to have an identity true to who you are when trying to fit into a society that doesn’t look like you. As our conversation about fat liberation, Health at Every Size, Intuitive Eating, weight inclusivity, and how society shames people for being fat (as if it is a disease) continues. Tiana shares with us some of her self identity struggles and successes, taking us along her journey to figuring out that you can be fat, healthy, and happy.
Note, I did not edit out the cursing.
These two episodes with Tiana Dodson are the introduction to a series of anti-diet, compassion focused nutrition, Intuitive Eating, and Health At Every Size conversations that I will have with several dietitians and guests over the next episodes. Stay tuned for some extremely thought-provoking conversations and radical acceptance regarding what it means to be healthy.
A little about Tiana Dodson. Tiana is a fat, Body Liberation Coach and Facilitator who’s out to destroy the belief that you have to be skinny to be happy and healthy, loveable, or worthy. Through her work with the Fat Freedom Foundation program, she guides people feminine-of-center to reconnect with their bodies, destigmatize fatness, and learn about the harms of health being a measure of worth… all while finding how they can live their best fat lives.
Missed part 1 of this interview from Wednesday? don’t worry go check out Part 1. Please stay tuned and subscribe to the One Small Bite podcast for more every week.
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 71: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Vincci Tsui
- Episode 70: Friday Food Cast – 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EPISODE!!!
- Episode 68: Series – Anti-Diet Approaches to New Year’s Resolutions with Erica Mouch
- Episode 67: Who Else Wants to Find Balance Nourishing Their Soul? With Tai Chi Master Gu
- Episode 66: Friday Food Cast – 6 Secrets to Intuitively Steering Through Holiday Food Events
- Episode 65: Build Confidence and Be an Intuitive Eater with Julie Delucca Collins
- Episode 64: Part 2 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 63: Part 1 – The Secret to Healthy…It’s Not About Being Skinny with Guest Tiana Dodson
- Episode 62: How Your Health is Determined By the Professional with Guest Tamara Melton
- Episode 61: Think Your Health is Determined by Only What You Eat? Guest Michelle Gooden Makes Us Think Again