Sleep issues and challenges affect us all. In this episode I talk with dentist, Dr. Lydia Sosenko, an expert in dental oral appliances and therapy that help people sleep without the use of a CPAP or breathing machine. Many people deal with snoring, obstructive sleep apnea, or upper airway resistance syndrome, and end up developing poor sleep patterns. When we don’t get a good night’s rest on a regular basis this disrupts our body’s natural physiology. It affects our ability to heal and repair through the night, and to replenish vital nutrients and chemicals necessary to keep us happy and healthy. Join us as we bring topics about dental oral appliance therapy and how it can help us …
• Avoid weight gain
• Enhance our metabolism
• Better our sleep patterns
• Avoid snoring, OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea), and UARS (Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome)
• Improve blood sugar and insulin regulation
• Escape blood pressure complications
• Boost mood and energy levels
• Be more productive
Come and join us for this great and important conversation, and learn if a dental oral sleep appliance is right for you.
Dr. Lydia Sosenko is a general dentist and graduate of University of Illinois College of Dentistry in Chicago. She began working with snoring and apnea patients in 1996, and has over 24 years of experience and expertise in oral dental sleep appliances and sleep problems. Dr. Sosenko was a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine in 2006 (one of the 1st in the state), and in 2007 began educational presentations to dentists and the public on the topic of dental sleep medicine and served on the Public Awareness Committee of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine. In 2013 she began working with The Center for Sleep Medicine in northern Illinois, a premiere sleep disorders facility that includes physicians, psychologists, dentists and technicians all focusing on sleep disorders. Currently she is author of MySleepDevice.com, and educational website with a mission to help guide individuals suffering from snoring and apnea to peaceful sleep with oral appliance therapy
If you like this episode, then download my show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 55: Spooked by Halloween Candy? Don’t be – Learn How to Enjoy Your Treats Intuitively
- Episode 54: The Secret of Intuitive Eating for Athletes | Ditching Diet Culture and Improve Performance with Kia Bourne
- Episode 53: How Camping Nourishes Your Soul | 8 Health Benefits
- Episode 52: Is It Safe to Go Back to Your Gym? What to Consider with Guest Jason Varley
- Episode 51: Friday Food Hack – 6 Mindful Eating Techniques That Will Enhance Your Health
- Episode 50: The Secret Ingredient of Healthy Eating: Compassion – with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 49 – How Teamwork in Healthcare can Enhance Your Physical Performance and Nutrition with Guest Andrew Takata
- Episode 48 – Want to Know How Curiosity Can Enhance Your Health?
- Episode 47 – Eat What You Want and Live Healthy the OSB Way!
- BONUS Episode 46: Friday Food Hack – Is a Keto Diet Right for You?