One of the most common concerns I hear during Thanksgiving is around the guilt or shame that occurs from all the eating and food. The irony is that part of the reason we love this holiday is because of the food. Yes, it’s of course also because it’s the one time of year we slow down, give grace, and thanks for all the bounty we are so fortunate to have. To be grateful for the people in our lives. Yet, afterwards there’s such guilt or shame about how it ruins our so-called diets, or we fill our thoughts with how it might make us fat. Is that you? Are you spinning your wheels thinking about how to famine before the feast to then famine because of the feast all over again?
Well, in this BONUS Friday Food Hack episode I provide one key way to avoid all that guilt and shame. It’s one small thing we can all do during Thanksgiving that helps us truly pay attention to what really matters. To be grateful and present with all we have in this world – especially here in the US!
I can’t wait for you to take a listen and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy.
Have you heard about the new One Small Bite Facebook community? Come and join the great conversation and be a part of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Part 1: The Secret of How Diet Culture Oppresses and Exploits the LatinX Community with Carolina Guízar
- How to Overcome Eating and Body Image Challenges with The Body Joyful Author Anne Poirier
- How Black Women and BIPoC are Further Marginalize by Diet Culture with Whitney Trotter
- How Storytelling Can Transform your Relationship with Your Body with Storyteller Kimberly Dark
- What Everyone Should Know About RED-S, Alcohol, Disordered Eating, and More with Val Schonberg
- Episode 92: How to Combat Chronic Illness with an Anti-Diet, Intuitive Eating Approach
- Episode 91: Reembody Breathing Room App with Kevin Moore and Beck Beverage
- Episode 90: LatinX and Anti-Diet Approaches with Guest Dalina Soto
- Episode 89: Very Low Carbohydrate Diets and No Weight Loss? What’s Going On?
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode