One of the most common concerns I hear during Thanksgiving is around the guilt or shame that occurs from all the eating and food. The irony is that part of the reason we love this holiday is because of the food. Yes, it’s of course also because it’s the one time of year we slow down, give grace, and thanks for all the bounty we are so fortunate to have. To be grateful for the people in our lives. Yet, afterwards there’s such guilt or shame about how it ruins our so-called diets, or we fill our thoughts with how it might make us fat. Is that you? Are you spinning your wheels thinking about how to famine before the feast to then famine because of the feast all over again?
Well, in this BONUS Friday Food Hack episode I provide one key way to avoid all that guilt and shame. It’s one small thing we can all do during Thanksgiving that helps us truly pay attention to what really matters. To be grateful and present with all we have in this world – especially here in the US!
I can’t wait for you to take a listen and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy.
Have you heard about the new One Small Bite Facebook community? Come and join the great conversation and be a part of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 60: BONUS Friday Food Hack – One Key Way to Avoid the Food Guilt Around Thanksgiving
- Episode 59: Want to Know How to Convert Your Picky Eater? Here’s Small Bites with Chef Asata Reid
- Episode 58: What Everyone Ought to Know About Grilling with Grillmaster Ed Gaile
- Episode 57: How to Life with Guest Dr. Laura Jaget
- Episode 56: Solution Focused Approaches for Those Little Picky Eaters with Guest Cher Kretz
- Episode 55: Spooked by Halloween Candy? Don’t be – Learn How to Enjoy Your Treats Intuitively
- Episode 54: The Secret of Intuitive Eating for Athletes | Ditching Diet Culture and Improve Performance with Kia Bourne
- Episode 53: How Camping Nourishes Your Soul | 8 Health Benefits
- Episode 52: Is It Safe to Go Back to Your Gym? What to Consider with Guest Jason Varley
- Episode 51: Friday Food Hack – 6 Mindful Eating Techniques That Will Enhance Your Health