This week David interviews Tiffany Thoen, a registered nurse and certified intuitive eating counselor, in the fourth episode of the Anti-Diet Approach to New Year’s Resolutions series. Tiffany shares her journey to finding Intuitive Eating, her and David discuss what body attunement is, and much more.
At the beginning of this podcast David starts with a question from Tiffany that she will use in her practice – “what has caused you to feel like you needed to go on a diet in the past or even present?”. This question sets the stage for what the podcast is all about! As they discuss Tiffany’s work they touch on three of the four C’s – curiosity, commitment, and consistency – of the One Small Bite approach. David asks Tiffany about what inspired her womenifesto posted on her website! If you don’t know what that is it’s okay! Tiffany and David connect on their appreciation of Brene Brown and the TedTalk by Lindsey Kite at Beauty Redefined .
There are many more interesting topics covered in the podcast, including the One Small Bite Tiffany takes with the work she does! Before making or continuing with those New Year’s resolution diets try asking yourself “is this a priority for me right now?” or “am I making this goal because it’s what I think I’m supposed to?” and see how that may affect what you focus on.
About Coach Tiffany- As an RN, Intuitive Eating Coach, and person in long term recovery, Tiffany has helped hundreds of women to achieve their goals. She works with high achievers who can do anything they set their mind to but still struggle with food. Having experienced food obsession herself, she committed finding a kinder solution that didn’t involve depriving herself. She was able to heal her relationship with food, it was so powerful that she has dedicated herself to supporting high- achievers like her to do the same. Her clients are able to find peace with food and get back to doing what they really want to do in the world!
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 90: LatinX and Anti-Diet Approaches with Guest Dalina Soto
- Episode 89: Very Low Carbohydrate Diets and No Weight Loss? What’s Going On?
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode
- Episode 87: Let’s Talk Cannabis – Everything You Need to Know with guest Donna Shields
- Episode 86: The Body Positive Fitness Center You Can’t Live Without with Guest Abbey Griffith
- Episode 85: Body Trust and How it Can Help You Break Free from Diet Culture with Guest Aaron Flores
- Special Episode 84: Friday Food Cast – COVID: A Year in Remembrance
- Episode 83: How Body Liberation Frees Us from Diet Culture with Guest Kent Thomas
- Episode 82: Is Dieting Causing You More Trauma? with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 81: Friday Food Cast – Does Intermittent Fasting Work?