This episode is all about how weight loss articles send the wrong message. We continue to inspect the referenced research with a weight inclusive lens. Episode 89 dives into one of the referenced research papers from an article about very low carbohydrates diets and weight loss. The article and research was reviewed by our intern Victoria Pamee.
David references the 8 Red Flags of weight loss research comparing the previously mentioned article to societal expectations. As you listen, you hear how information about the diversity and amount of participants, how blinded the researchers were, outcomes, how the age group in question possesses a predisposition to weight changes, and much more.
This episode continues to help you critically look at general internet search articles from a weight-inclusive, anti-diet registered dietitian’s perspective. We hope to help our listeners continue to deconstruct the weight centric approach to health.
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Part 1: The Secret of How Diet Culture Oppresses and Exploits the LatinX Community with Carolina Guízar
- How to Overcome Eating and Body Image Challenges with The Body Joyful Author Anne Poirier
- How Black Women and BIPoC are Further Marginalize by Diet Culture with Whitney Trotter
- How Storytelling Can Transform your Relationship with Your Body with Storyteller Kimberly Dark
- What Everyone Should Know About RED-S, Alcohol, Disordered Eating, and More with Val Schonberg
- Episode 92: How to Combat Chronic Illness with an Anti-Diet, Intuitive Eating Approach
- Episode 91: Reembody Breathing Room App with Kevin Moore and Beck Beverage
- Episode 90: LatinX and Anti-Diet Approaches with Guest Dalina Soto
- Episode 89: Very Low Carbohydrate Diets and No Weight Loss? What’s Going On?
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode