This episode is all about how weight loss articles send the wrong message. We continue to inspect the referenced research with a weight inclusive lens. Episode 89 dives into one of the referenced research papers from an article about very low carbohydrates diets and weight loss. The article and research was reviewed by our intern Victoria Pamee.
David references the 8 Red Flags of weight loss research comparing the previously mentioned article to societal expectations. As you listen, you hear how information about the diversity and amount of participants, how blinded the researchers were, outcomes, how the age group in question possesses a predisposition to weight changes, and much more.
This episode continues to help you critically look at general internet search articles from a weight-inclusive, anti-diet registered dietitian’s perspective. We hope to help our listeners continue to deconstruct the weight centric approach to health.
Come and join our new One Small Bite Facebook community? Take part in the great conversation and become a member of a community that’s chopping diet culture, asking thought provoking questions about health at every size, and building positive relationships with food.
If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to podcasts Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google and hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss an episode. While you’re there, let me know what nutrition or health topic you’d like me to cover or leave a review.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite over time to transform your life, so let’s – Chop the diet mentality; Fuel your body; and Nourish your soul!
- Episode 90: LatinX and Anti-Diet Approaches with Guest Dalina Soto
- Episode 89: Very Low Carbohydrate Diets and No Weight Loss? What’s Going On?
- Episode 88: 8 Red Flags of Weight Loss Research – Solo Episode
- Episode 87: Let’s Talk Cannabis – Everything You Need to Know with guest Donna Shields
- Episode 86: The Body Positive Fitness Center You Can’t Live Without with Guest Abbey Griffith
- Episode 85: Body Trust and How it Can Help You Break Free from Diet Culture with Guest Aaron Flores
- Special Episode 84: Friday Food Cast – COVID: A Year in Remembrance
- Episode 83: How Body Liberation Frees Us from Diet Culture with Guest Kent Thomas
- Episode 82: Is Dieting Causing You More Trauma? with Guest Patrick Bryant
- Episode 81: Friday Food Cast – Does Intermittent Fasting Work?